Monday, December 22, 2014

Do You See What I See?

Arthur asked me recently about the book I was reading, as seen on my Shelfari shelf, over there on the right sidebar. Oddly enough, it was the first book I put on there when I added that widget just over a year ago. Eh? I asked him. You're still seeing that book after all this time? Hmm. It had always been updating for me every time I changed the book, so I just shrugged and left it alone.

I had to temporarily disable the widget in order to make some changes to my template the other day, so when I put it back, I changed the code slightly to fix what I assumed the problem must have been. Now he tells me he only sees a blank shelf with no book on it. Again, still no problem on my end.

So, other readers, what are you seeing right now? Anything? Nothing? Does it look like I've been stuck reading the same book for over a year now? That would be like your friends failing to tell you that you've had a foot and a half of toilet paper trailing from your shoe ever since you left the restaurant bathroom two hours ago.

Here's a reenactment of Arthur and I trying to figure out tech-related issues: