Monday, September 02, 2013

Behold the Man

Regular readers will know that I have an extraordinarily literate friend named Arthur, and that I occasionally abduct passages from his emails and press-gang them into service as galley slaves on the rowing benches of this here blog. Well, he's finally started his own blog, where he promises to publish more of that lucid commentary when he's not busy frolicking with his true love, poetry, and unlike me, he would be thrilled to have plenty of visitors. You should stop in there yourselves.

In all seriousness, I had been corresponding with him for a few years before I ever thought to try having a blog of my own. I've always been a voracious reader, and I always had a natural aptitude for English class, but that raw material alone likely wouldn't have shaped itself into anything at all had it not been for those years of writer's boot camp in which I had to consciously strive to make my contributions worthy of the conversation. If you like what you read here, you might want to make time to visit my mentor as well.