Friday, September 21, 2012

Commentary Gold

So, Liverpool had a Europa League game against BSC Young Boys, a Swiss team. I admit it, I snickered at the potential for double entendres as the game started. And it wasn't long, just over fourteen minutes, in fact, before commentator Brian McBride fulfilled all filthy expectations:

"Again, I think that's a good idea, because right now, everything seems to be playing in front of Young Boys, and they're comfortable enough, even though Liverpool have scored a goal...and it was a goal that really should not have happened...but, they haven't had that penetration behind, and sort of spread them out. Right now, they're able to, Young Boys are able to be compact..."

4 comments:

noel said...

Oh Vile Scribbler, you've finally earned your full name.

The Vile Scribbler said...

Cannibalism and murder didn't do the trick, but pederasty did? I question your standards, sir!

The Vile Scribbler said...

Some of the headlines after the game were great, too, though I find it difficult to believe they were self-unaware. "Liverpool Thrashes Young Boys." Goodness, call social services!

noel said...

I have no problem with your, uh, advocacies. Soylent Green is tasty, I hear. I was refering to the quality of your humor. What's next, bad puns? Oh.