Monday, February 07, 2011

She Just Loves Me For My Big Dictionary

Huh. I don't know that I care too terribly much about choosing sides in this new war over Dictionary Atheism. Fucking splitters.

But don't despair! I haven't lost my taste for pedantic digressions. Having been reminded that the Greek word pneuma is often translated in a religious context as "soul", I wonder if I finally have an answer to my question. Apneumic? Apneumatic? Let's open up a new front in the assault on religious belief! If nothing of you survives your death, what difference does it make whether something called God exists or not?

4 comments:

noel said...

Hey, you found an excellent example of why I don't read nor comment much on Pharyngula. I think PZ's great, but his focus is often not that interesting to me. And his commenters are annoying - arrogant without cause.

noel said...

And speaking of gurus. (Well, you were last week.) I started reading the comments on Raptitude and was disturbed to find they are almost uniformly praising - no questioning, no constructive criticism. I'm afraid David there is going to turn into Deepthought Chopra or something. I wonder how he'll handle a fly in the ointment? ;)

The Vile Scribbler said...

I'm tempted to invent a co-blogger just so I can post under the name "Deepthought Chopra". Give yourself a cookie for that one.

noel said...

Thank you, thank you. I stopped buying cookies (and ice cream, Cheetoes, etc.) a few years ago, because I found that I was needing to buy all new pants. But I'll have a bonus cherry in my cosmo.