Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Purpose-Driven Life

And when I shout, "Curse all cowardly devils in you who like to whine and fold their hands and pray," they shout, "Zarathustra is godless."…Well, then, this is my preaching for their ears: I am Zarathustra the godless, who speaks: "Who is more godless than I, that I may delight in his instruction?"

- Nietzsche

PZ only got to number seven, and he desecrated a communion wafer! I'm going to have to work extra hard if I want to make this list next year.

2 comments:

Pangloss It Over said...

First of all, I didn't know there was such a thing as a Christian Anti-Defamation Commission. Secondly, I did not know there is a whole media wire, ChristianWire, dedicated to getting Christian press releases out to the mainstream media (isn't this like the anti-affirmative action argument that goes, you don't need a "Black Caucus" when there is a caucus or a League of Women voters, when there are just voters ... do you need your own wire service when we have AP and Reuters, and of course, Fox?).

Thirdly, WTF??? How have they decided Barack Obama is not a Christian? Based on WHAT???

I'm curious about what PZ really did that was destruction of a consecrated host. Based on the other dubious claims on the CADC list, I wonder what PZ truly did?

The Vile Scribbler said...

Oh, he did it, all right, that's legit. Backstory here.

Yes, it's big business being a professional oppressed underdog victim.

They examined Obama's "positions on moral issues" to come to that conclusion. Usually that means he isn't pro-blastocyst enough. He's already taken the wishy-washy approach to gay marriage, but even that's not good enough, I guess. Gotta be about the fetuses and stem cells.